Friday, September 7, 2007

Uh Oh! I Think I'm Gonna Be Sick

Aww, don't you just love when the kids get sick? The beautiful music--whine, whine, whine, whine, whine-- sniffle, sniffle--cough, cough--groan groan. The great background vocals--Cover your mouth! Wash your hands! Use soap! The fresh smell of Lysol in the air. The cute boogey covered faces and shirt sleeves. The back to school fall colds--it's my favorite time of year!

Yesterday this is what I awoke to with a lack of sleep, of course, from being up with a sick Bubba most of the night. Nothing life threatening, just the typical cold. Munch gets out of bed, with the lovely crusted face and Buddy complains about a sore throat. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, Mark crawls out of bed complaining of a headache and sore throat.

So, what do I do? What any sane person with four sick dependents at home would do. I hop in the car and go to Walgreens to stock up on cold medicine. Cough drops in every flavor, throat lozenges in every flavor, little kid medicine, big kid medicine, adult medicine--pills, liquids, effervescents, softchews, quick melts, thin strips. We're not missing a thing! I go to the check out where the lady behind the counter looks at me, looks at my basket, as asks, "Is that all?" My reply, "Oops, no. Here you go," as I toss two tubes of Blistex into my basketful of enough medicine to cure a third world country. I pay the lady, grab my umpteen bags and hop back into the car to return to the land of sickness.

Now with everyone under the influence of some perfectly good OTC drugs we can go about our day. Let's hope this doesn't last. I mean how long can you smell Lysol before you become intoxicated? Everyone will be well in a day or two. Oh, no! Did I just sniffle? Okay, maybe a week or two.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a trip to Walgreens like that the other day except mine was all for junk food and caffiene on my way to work. lol Hope the OTC drugs work and the boys are feeling better soon.

Tracei

T with Honey said...

Quick, chug some orange juice!

Megan Cobb said...

Hee hee! You write exactly how you talk! I love it. I'm sorry the gang is all sick... If it's the same thing Bean had, it'll be over in 48 hours. Yay!

Karla Porter Archer said...

Megan sent us all over to bug you while y'all are sick!

Hope your household is on the mend!

Blessings,
Karla

Anonymous said...

Well I am not sure I want to come over than! I can't afford to get sick. Give the boys extra love for me I miss you all!

Your favorite sister!

Musings of a Housewife said...

UGH!!! I'm dreading it.

SAHMmy Says said...

No sniffling! Don't you know: Mommies don't get sick!

Beck said...

Oh, you poor girl. Get BETTER!

Mari said...

I would blame Megan for this. She posted about it first and I bet the germs traveled down the street! Hope you are all better soon!