Friday, September 7, 2007

Sibling Rivalry Finally Turned It's Ugly Head

My little sister received a very well deserved job promotion yesterday, and I thought it would be appropriate to reflect on the top 10 reasons I love her.

1. She is 22 years old and a whole lot smarter and more intelligent that most people 10 years her senior.

2. She can make you laugh, HARD, on almost any given day. If she gets going you won't stop laughing until your stomach is cramped and your cheeks hurt from smiling.

3. She flies by the seat of her pants, moment to moment, (name that movie--she knows every line!) She can drop what she's doing at any given time to do something that has just come up. Very spontaneous, she is.

4. She can be depended on for just about anything. I need a break from the kids, she'll make the 40 minute drive. A friend's car breaks down, she'll be going to pick them up. She is almost ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS her friend's designated driver, even though she'd love to have someone else do the driving.

5. She is probably the "realest" person I know. If you don't accept her for who she is, you might as well leave, because she won't change just because someone wants her to.

6. She will help or assist anyone if they need her. Have a question? She'll give you an answer, and if she doesn't have it, she'll go find it.

7. She won't be dependent on any man. She has all kinds of friends, but ask her if she cares to have a boyfriend, and she'll tell you it doesn't matter either way.

8. She has always been the first one to stand up for me. If anyone ever upsets me, she is in their face making them wish they hadn't and being put in their place.

9. She is fun-loving and outgoing. There is almost nothing that she won't try at least once. She loves horseback riding and wakeboarding. In Maui she parasailed and jumped off the top of a waterfall.

10. She will not be one to say, "I wish I'd done, tried, said, or traveled it" when she's looking back at her life. Because she truly lives each day for what it is worth.

We are a lot alike, but then again nothing alike. There are so many things I've learned from her and a whole lot more I'm sure she can't wait to teach me;)


2 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

:) A sweet tribute to a sweet sister. Every girl should be so lucky to have a sister like BOTH of you. Hugs -

Anonymous said...

Ok I hope you're happy I read it and I cried!!! Now is only I could make you see understand the list of the reason why I love and admire you!!! I couldn't have been given a better sister even if I was allowed to create her myself.

Your Big Little Sister
Ashley (Office Manager) ha ha I had to do it!