I awoke this morning to Bubba looking at me over the side of the bed telling me he wants to eat. It's 6 o' clock in the morning. Of course he wants to eat, since he didn't eat his dinner last night.
We came downstairs and he immediately pointed out that the pantry is locked, specifically to keep him from going in and getting food for himself. After all, he is only 2. That makes me think he had already come downstairs by himself and discovered this. I opened the pantry and he grabbed a paper plate. Then he went to the fridge and reached for the syrup. Next, the pancakes came out of the freezer. He placed everything on the counter, looked up at me then pointed at the microwave. The microwave is located above the stove, thankfully out of his reach.
But I have to ask myself--what would he have done had he been able to reach the microwave? Can a 2 year old make breakfast for himself? I shudder to think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mmmmm... Pancakes for breakfast, prepared by the cutest chef on the block. Be right over!
Um if he can I am renting him on the weekends to make my breakfast! That would be ideal I see on of my favorite boys and I get breakfast I think we will need to discuss rates!
Your hungry sister
you can always re-design the kitchen a little bit to accomodate him. :)
Eek! My Baby showed me today that she can open the drawer where knives are.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
If he is the first child, no he probably is not old enough to make breakfast for himself. If he is the second child, eh, every once in a while is definitely okay. If he is the 3rd child, he should have been making his own breakfast and that of his mother by the time he was a year and a half!
my baby is 18 months old and far too big for her briches.
Post a Comment