I don't think cleaning house is a real enjoyable task, but I do make it more tolerable with these little helpers.
1.WINDEX--If weren't for Windex I'm not sure where I'd be. I use it for everything. I have no wooden tables in my house--glass, Formica, marble, but no wood. I wipe fingerprints daily, clean the tables, mirrors, computer screens, stainless steel appliances, I even clean my hardwood floors with it (simply a wet rag, a dry rag and my bottle of Windex. There are always 4 bottles throughout the house, so it's never too far out of reach!
2.MY DISHWASHER--My biggest pet peeve is having dishes in the sink. If a dish has been used, it immediately gets put in the dishwasher. If I had to hand wash all my dishes I don't think I'd ever get to leave the kitchen. I spend enough time there already.
3.CLOROX WIPES--These are probably one of the best ever inventions. They are so easy to use to clean countertops in bathrooms and kitchens. I wipe down toilets, door handles, light switches, telephones and remotes to clean and disinfect. We all know the kind of germs kids can carry around.
4.MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER--This makes cleaning soap scum from the textured shower floor so easy! I also love what it does for my utility sink and even scuffed or dirty gym shoes.
5.MY CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM--It is so lightweight and easy to use. I don't have to haul a heavy canister vac to vacuum the stairs, just the hose that coils down behind be. I have an accessory set on both floors so I don't have to carry it back and forth. It is so convenient.
6.RAIN-X--You know, the stuff you spray on your car windshield to deter the rain? Maybe it isn't really a cleaning tool, but it has become one for me. After I have cleaned my shower, I wipe it on my glass doors to deter water spots and soap scum. It works like a charm. It makes it easier to clean, and keeps them clean almost twice as long!
7.A TOOTHBRUSH--Nothing works better to clean tile grout or hard to reach places, (under the fronts of appliances, vents on microwaves and built in ovens, around faucet handles, etc).
8.MY WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHING MACHINE--It has a TON of holding capacity. I do half the number of loads of laundry that I used to do with a smaller washer. It can hold two sets of sheets at once and even a king size comforter. I also love the storage drawers underneath both the washer and dryer. They are the perfect place for every one's shoes so they aren't scattered all over the laundry room.
9.SWIFFER DUSTERS--Whether it be the little handle or the extension handle--these things are awesome! They're perfect for dusting slat blinds, stair railings, ceiling fans, hard to reach ledges, window sills or even a quick dusting when you don't have time to dust and polish. And they don't just move dust from one place to another, they actually pick up the dust.
10.OXY MAGIC--Nothing gets stains out of clothing better (and I've tried everything!) Whether it be grass stains, mud, paint, marker, jelly, or even red wine it does the job. My worst nightmare was a glass of red wine all over a pair of brand new white pants! This stuff really is MAGIC--it all came out and made the pants look perfect!
So I've given you all my favorite and best ideas. I hope they come in handy for you. I'd love to hear some of your favorites or cleaning secrets!
HAPPY CLEANING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Great list! My mom has a central vacuum--we kids thought it was so cool, we actually Asked if we could vacuum! Thanks for the Rain-x tip! Megan's sweetheart suggested it for her outside windows--I'd never thought of it for a use beyond the car. I'll have to try it on my shower doors--they get ugly fast!
Thanks for the list. I'll have to try the oxy magic, that's one I haven't tested.
The best invention, I think, is the magic eraser. That thing is awesome. But clorox wipes are awesome too.
You know, I jotted down a bunch of your suggestions - thanks!
And this my friends is why we don't see Nicki outside til 3 in the afternoon on most days. If you could just see her house it shows like a model. :)
Thanks for some great ideas.
Tracei
Love you idea about magic eraser on the shower floor!! This is my least favorite cleaning job and I am always looking for an easier way to get the job done!
Katie E.
I think Windex could take the shine off finished wood -- like your hardwood floors. I used to have a wooden kitchen table with leaves (that I hardly ever used) and cleaned it regularly with windex. You should have seen the shine difference between table and leaves.
I wish I was more like you in keeping things clean.
Your list is VERY similar to mine.
Never thought about the rain x tip. Hubby will be thrilled (he does bathrooms).
No Wood? Oh how I would love that. Seems I have crap. It was all bought 10 years ago and I want all new. But, know that I should probably wait until our youngest is a little bit older ... and then my new stuff will last a bit longer.
:)
Post a Comment