Monday, September 24, 2007
Can You Hear Me Now?
This morning I was doing laundry and heard this strange noise when I came up from the basement. It sounded like rocks being tossed around in a garbage can. Mark was not concerned about it when I asked what all the noise was. I followed the sound to the laundry room where I confirmed that it was coming from the dryer. I opened the dryer to find Mark's cell phone--in three pieces--front, back and insides. I couldn't help but smirk a little as I carried in to the den to show him. His reply, "looks like I'll be getting a new phone today." You think? Now I'm sure that he had already started thinking about that iphone he'd come home with tonight. He put the phone back together as I walked away. A few minutes later the phone rang. I was in shock when I looked at the Caller ID and saw his cell phone calling! Are you kidding? It survived the washer and dryer! Who knew they were making phones spin cycle and tumble resistant?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cell phone makers know their markets. They realize that one of the categories of consumers is parents of little children that will reek all sorts of havoc on the phones.
On the other side they also know that most consumers will get a new phone every 2 years when their contracts expire. So don't expect the phone to take that kind of abuse if it is more than 3 years old.
:) Maybe it'll sound even clearer now, since it's CLEAN! :)
I have put so many things through our washer and dryer that eventually hubby took away my laundry room priveleges. Not a bad deal really. :)
My Hubby is terrible with cel phones. He has planted two of them in the ground while planting corn and setting tobacco. Another phone he dropped in a bowl of cereal.
I like Sarah way of thinking. Screwing up laundry enough to have the duty taken away. You go Girl!
Post a Comment