Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bubba's Got a Bathroom Fetish

Bubba's always shown an interest in the bathroom. He once flushed a 4-inch Bristle block down the basement toilet. It got stuck and Mark and I had to tear the toilet apart to get it out and get the toilet working again. He went through a phase when he would go to the bathroom just to throw his blanket in the toilet. Since he won't sleep without it, this led me to do a lot of impromptu loads of laundry. Luckily, he outgrew that phase.

But, a couple weeks ago, he became quite fascinated with the bathroom and all its intriguing elements.

Thoughts going through Bubba's brain:

Wow, toilet paper! It will be so much fun to unroll it all and decorate the house with it.

Soap! I wonder what I can do with this.

Hand towels! I know I've seen Mom dry her hands with these. I know they can get wet. I'm going to put them in the sink and see how absorbent they are.

A potty! How many times can I flush it before it overflows?

A sink! I am going to reach as far as I can from the toilet, hoping I don't fall, to turn on the hot water and see how long I can stand it. Ouch! That was really hot!

Mommy's big tub! I know she never gets in there, but I can throw everything I can find in there.

Q-tips! I love Q-tips. I love to stick them in all the shelf adjustment holes in the cabinets. It keeps me busy for a really long time.

Toothbrushes, my favorite toy ever! I love to get every toothbrush I can find and carry them with me all day. It's so much fun to put them in my breakfast cereal, my syrup, milk, juice. Where else can I stick it? I can throw them across the kitchen and up in the air, to see if I can catch them. I really LOVE Mom's toothbrush. I have played with it for so long, she bought a new one today because hers looked like it had been mangled by a dog! I wonder what she did to make it look like that?!


Aah, yes, the way a two year old thinks! You've gotta love it. Now if I could get him to actually start using the bathroom for what it's for. Well, hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I won't comment on each day, but my day is off to a good start after reading all entries! I can visualize all of you even though I don't see you every week. Keep it up! I love all of you!