Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Little Things

So, I was first introduced to blogging by my good friend and neighbor, Megan over at Fried Okra. I have since become hooked on reading, not only her blog, but others that I linked to from hers. I started toying with the idea of starting my own and became intimidated. Why you ask? I am afraid I will have nothing to say. When I told my husband this, he looked at me as if to say, "You never shut up!" Now, if you knew me you would agree that I am a very talkative person, so I did not take offense to this at all. In fact that look (or maybe my perception of it) is probably why I'm here today tapping on my computer. So now with fear and much trepidation I begin My Boys and Me.

My boys consist of Bubba, 2, Munch, 3 Buddy, 7 and Mark my husband. Yes, I include Mark as one of my boys because it seems every time I turn around one of them, Mark included, has left something to be picked up, a light to be shut off, a mess to be cleaned (Mark is the biggest instigator in the kitchen) or simply some miscellaneous task left for me to deal with. Now don't get me wrong, I love taking care of my family and providing a safe and clean environment, but sometimes the messes in combination with the testosterone is a little much to deal with.

But, in all honesty I love each one of them dearly. A simple hug from any one of them is all it takes to remind me how lucky I am to be their wife and mother. The days can sometimes seem endless and the boys all out of sorts, but each day I can count on something special happening in our little life of ours. A great day at work for Mark that brings him home in a good mood, an A+ on a spelling test for Buddy, a special movie night when we all gather together, lunch out with a friend, or maybe playing a game of catch in the backyard. All these things that make us a family--and I'm happy to call them MY FAMILY.

6 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

Aw! I love it! So sweet and so you... and so Your Boys! I love Bubba, Munch and Buddy. Very suitable nicknames for them. Yay. Welcome to Blogville... I hope you truly enjoy and feel at home. Yay for Me and My 4 Boys! Hugs - M

SAHMmy Says said...

We're all ears! I started my blog because I was pretty sure my sister-in-law had had enough of my unsolicited advice but needed an outlet!

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Hi -- I'm a bloggy friend of Megan. Congrats on the blog -- it's fun.

Anonymous said...

I read your second post first (yes, I know - very backwards!) and I was so confused because I came here under the impression you had four sons. I was wondering, "Where's the 4th kid, what does she do with him?!" Haha. Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who considers having a husband like having an extra kid. You know, sometimes. :)

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Welcome to Bloggity-ville. I have heard lots about you neighbors-o-Megan's. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Amy Fox said...

Welcome to blogland! :)
~Amy