Each morning I try to venture down to what I call "my own little corner of the world", which is more commonly known as "the workout room." It's nothing special, just a room, literally in the corner of my basement, with a TV, VCR (yes, a VCR, not even a DVD/VCR combo--uhh, what year is it?), Elliptical trainer, a step, hand weights, and--a phone.
Mark recently put a phone in the room, only because we had an extra one lying around. I don't answer the phone when I'm in the middle of a workout (which makes me wonder why he put one in there--hmm). Guess what--it has now been yanked from the wall never to return after this morning! I try to take 45 minutes to an hour each day to get a workout in, by myself. This is becoming harder and harder for me lately. Not sure what my problem is, but it has to change. So, I drug myself downstairs to work out--and it took absolutely everything I had to go down there today.
I...WAS...JUST...NOT..IN...THE...MOOD!
I wasn't 5 minutes into my workout before the phone rang. It rang four times in 20 minutes!! Hello people--I'm busy--SHEESH! Luckily, Mark was home to take the calls, but I did not get much out of the workout that I didn't even want to do anyway! So what's a girl to do? Well I've already yanked the phone, but I think I need some new ideas for workouts since I seem to be getting a little bored. If anyone has any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them. I will try almost anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Throw Bubba in the stroller and come walk with me. Melanie's back to work next week so Bean and I will be all by our lonelies again!
Oh, and don't worry, I never take my phone when I walk! Eeek!
I love the 'Firm' workout videos. The new series they have out has an express option, which is 25 min. On my 'dont't feel like it' days, I use this.
Now that its nice out, I take an evening walk too. Take Megan up on her offer, I would love to have someone to walk with
Post a Comment