Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WFMW: always charged dustbuster

With three kids it is almost impossible to live without a dustbuster, unless of course you enjoy getting out the vaccuum three or four times a day. But the problem with the dustbuster is that it has to be charged in order to work. I hate having things sitting out on the counter or floor that shouldn't be there, so charging my suck up little friend was always an inconvenience. It never failed, the boys would drop over half of their breakfast, lunch or snack on the floor and I would be left with a whining and barely sucking dustbuster. Not helpful at all!

That is until my husband and I came up with a brilliant idea that would keep it charged and ready for action. We have cabinets above our laundry room counter so I cleared out one of the bottom shelves and had my husband drill a small hole through the bottom of the cabinet. This allowed me to run the charger cord through the cabinet and to the outlet above the countertop. Now my dustbuster has a home and it is always charged when I need it. I don't have to walk on crumbs or vaccuum several times a day anymore.

Works for me! Stop by Rocks In My Dryer for more great tips!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Great tip. I'm always in need of it in my laundry room. That would be the perfect place. And don't I know about the weak & whiny barely working dustbuster!

Kellan said...

I agree - I have three of them (two downstairs and one up) and I also have one of those cordless stick/vacs that I use on my tile in my kitchen - I love that thing. See ya.

Rebekah said...

I so agree. I love my dust buster, cant live without it.