Thursday, October 25, 2007

Unique Things About Ordinary Me

I was tagged to do this fun little meme by Sahmmysays. I have tried to think of the oddest and craziest things about myself. Here is goes!

7 Unique Things Meme. Rules: Link to your tagger and post rules. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names. 4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog.

Tag--You're It!

Kellan at On the Upside
An Iowa Mom
DCR Mom at Musings of a Housewife
Megan at Fried Okra
Beck at Frog and Toad are Still Friends
Sarah at Ordinary Days
Cheeky Lotus

1. I got called Annie and Shirley Temple when I was five and six. My mom and grandma decided it would be cute to cut my hair and give me a perm, which left me with tight curls in my dark brown and turning red hair. It didn't help that in the summer my face would be covered in freckles!

2. I had my first pair of glasses when I was eight. I also needed bifocals at the time. Luckily my vision corrected itself and I have only needed regular glasses since, but unfortunately I am still as blind as a bat! Yeah, I was a really cool kid!

3. I had my first job at fourteen as a file clerk and began working full time as a cashier at a car dealership while going to school full time at sixteen.

4. I spent more time talking to teachers and counselors in high school than other students.

5. My husband and mother are the same age and my step-son is only a year younger than I. We put "fun" in dysfunctional!

6. My mother believes that I am the reincarnation of her high school best friend, Rhonda. Rhonda was killed in a car accident and I was born on her birthday the following year.

7. I got to spend three weeks in Australia with a student ambassador program when I was fourteen. I traveled the entire east coast from Cairns to Canberra with thirty other students. The experience of a lifetime!

6 comments:

Beck said...

Those ARE 7 unusual things! Thanks so much for the tag - I have done this one before, but I'm sure I can likely do it again, maybe this weekend, kay?

Kellan said...

Ooooh, #6 is creepy and cool! I liked learning more about you and thanks for tagging me. Maybe I'll get to it this afternoon. Thanks again - see ya.

Megan Cobb said...

I don't know how I'll ever top your list. Not that I need to. Will try to get 'er done soon!

Kellan said...

Hey - I didn't get to the meme yesterday - I'll do it soon. Have a good day. See ya.

Rebekah said...

Very interesting facts, but not totally unusual.
I had glasses at about 7 or 8. A few year ago I had laser surgery and I LOOOoove it. Love it!

SAHMmy Says said...

Thanks for playing! Ha! Those are very unusual facts! (Just realized I didn't even read the rules when I played) I'm sure your curls were adorable--but who perms a five year old? My aunt, that's who--my cousin had a stinky perm from age 4 to 17--cute, but stinky! On #4 I did the same...that's why I opted out!