is anyone watching Samantha Who? on ABC Monday night? I watched it for the first time this evening because there is nothing else that interests me on Monday nights and ABC has really been pushing it with previews. Since this is my first time watching I am a little lost, but it is a simple-minded sitcom, I am sure I'll catch on. It did give me a little perspective, though.
Here's a woman who lost her memory somehow and has no idea who she is or what she does. Tonight's episode went like this...
She has a job she hates as a real estate lawyer, she's mean to her secretary, hates birthdays, is contemplating a boob job and takes twenty flights of stairs because she's afraid of elevators...so she's told.
She realizes she wants to quit her job and start over to do whatever she wants, is nice to everyone, remembers that she was going to get the boob job because of a boss who used them as a negotiation tool and hyperventilates going up all the stairs.
She ends up having to keep the job because she racked up $30,000 worth of credit card debt on shoes, purses, nails and hair and can't believe she purchased it all. She then makes an attempt to make her job better and more enjoyable. She celebrates a birthday, stands up to and threatens her boss, and is really nice to everyone around her.
I told you...mindless sitcom, but there is an underlying message here. If you had no memory of your life, what would you change? Would you take something back? Change the way you've done things? Take a different job? Treat somebody differently? Do something that you didn't?
Something to think about. Let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hee hee. At forty, I'm pretty much there already. I don't remember a lot of things. Haven't watched the show but commented to Al that I might check it out online if its available. I think forgetting about some stuff would be healthy for just about anyone. It's the purest form of forgiveness, and would be very cleansing. But I'd miss the good memories, I think. But I wouldn't know what I was missing because I'd forgotten it. Which is weird.
I haven't watched it, but I know the show you're talking about. I often look back on my life and am thankful that I changed my mind (previous boyfriend ....) about something because I realize how different things would be if I'd stayed in a situation or made the wrong decision. I guess there are few things that I actually would attempt to change or have done differently if I could. But, I'm a strong believer that most of the decisions or choices we make, lead us to where we are in our lives and in my case that is a good place, so it has all worked out. I would imagine if you live a messed up life that you might have reason to have more regret. Something I am so trying to teach my children. Good post. See ya.
I havent seen it yet but you've peeked my interest.
I haven't seen it yet either ... but I want to.
Just so you know ... if you want to see it all from the beginning of the series you can go to ABC.com and watch full episodes of all their primetime shows. REALLY!
That's how I plan to watch it. I just haven't had time yet.
Go to ABC.com
Click on Full Episodes at the top
You might have to download the player (it only takes a second)
Then launch the player and pick your show ... then pick the episode and you're set. :)
Tip: When selecting your episode, click on the actual play arrow ... or else it won't play and it will drive you crazy wondering what you did wrong. :)
Enjoy!
Wow! I'll confess: I'd be a whole lot nicer. If I woke up and didn't know anything about the daily grind, stress, or relationship issues in my life I think I'd just be super nice. I think I'll try it anyway--thanks for the pickmeup!
Post a Comment