Thursday, October 4, 2007

Comfort Zone

And here I sit this evening among Cubs fans. Don't get me wrong, I support my home team, but I am more interested in talking to you. I am sitting in the hotel bar surrounded by loudly cheering Cubs fans (including my husband), feeling a little out of place. But I have simply entered my own little world--Blogityville--where I am comfortable and content, and scratching my itch. Been going through a little withdrawl without my internet. I am not responsible for anyone but myself and don't have to worry about a babysitter's curfew or waking up with the kids. If I sit here through fifteen innings I will be just fine. Well, maybe not--it's getting late and I'm getting tired. We'll see--this one's for you! CHEERS!

2 comments:

Beck said...

Oh my goodness - a trip away from the kids! And in a kitschy awesome hotel! You're so LUCKY!

Megan Cobb said...

Hee hee. Sounds like a fun time... just the not having to worry about getting up with the kids part makes me pine for such an adventure. What's the new hotel like?