Yesterday was a wonderful day for my boys and me. Megan and I took Munch, Bubba and Bean to our local farm to treat the kids to an expensive, good time running through corn mazes and straw mazes, and jumping in the Giant Pumpkin Jumper and the Chuggy Choo-Choo Train. Of course, I forgot to grab my camera and Megan's battery died--figures! After all the fun, the kids picked out pumpkins to bring home to paint. Now, I was ready with my camera!
Megan made an attempt with her pumpkin and ended up washing it clean. The kids on the other hand globbed enough paint onto their three little pumpkins to cover a hundred pumpkins!
They all got down and dirty and had a great time!
After the pumpkins had been painted and set aside to dry, a process that will mostly likely take several days, we all ate lunch then separated to let our worn out and tired little goblins take a naps.
After naptime we got together again along with two of our neighbors and their families. The children all got to play together in the playroom--which only got turn upside down a time or two--and all the adults got to have cocktails and chat. We all ordered pizza for dinner then had cake Megan brought, leftover from Bean's birthday. A great time was had by all and it was just what I needed to wrap up the week. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
yeah, I figured I couldn't compete in the pumpkin-painting arena. With God, or with those three artists! It was a great, fun, sweet day I think the kids and the adults needed and will remember fondly. :) Next projects: Handprint turkeys, then gingerbread house decorating. So much fun to look forward to!
How cute - how fun. I did buy 4 pumpkins at the store yesterday for the kids to carve (with daddy) tomorrow. And I did make carmel apples today (24 of them - what a messy job). I'm trying to get into the Halloween spirit. Cute pictures. See you later. Have a good Sunday.
That looks like SUCH a good time. Look at the concentration on their faces!
Looks like a good time :)
it was a wonderful afternoon/night to spend with friends. Thanks for opening up your home to us all once again.
Tracei
Painting pumpkins is a huge hit with the young crowd. We did that already but I feel like I really should let Princess help me carve a pumpkin one of these nights. Halloween night without a jack-o-lantern? It just seems wrong. And what toddler wouldn't want to scoop out pumpkin guts with their hands? (probably mine!)
Want to know another great pumpkin decorating idea? At a birthday party the other weekend they had little pumpkins, googley eye stickers and a big tub of foamies stickers! It was a huge hit.
I wanna move to your neighborhood! Looks like the kiddos had a great time! You're a smartie--when I let my son paint his pumpkin I didn't think to tape the newspaper under the tabletop! I spent half his naptime carefully scrubbing paint off the edge of my table.
Post a Comment