Today my entire family had dentist appointments. Typically, this would be a nightmare of an experience, but not for us. In fact, my boys love to go to see Dr. Bob. They actually ask to go to the dentist because Dr. Bob is so much fun. He blows up latex gloves for them to bounce around the office, sends water bottle caps flying across the room, talks like Donald Duck, sings goofy songs and has conversations with them while he is working. You may be wondering what kind of quack dentist we see, but I assure you he is a very good dentist. He has never hurt the kids and makes it a very enjoyable experience for everyone--well as enjoyable as having someone else’s hands in your mouth can possibly be, anyway.
The only downfall to going to the dentist is that we travel 45 minutes to get there. That has to tell you how much we like this dentist. There are dental offices on every other street corner in our neighborhood, but I refuse to switch. I will make the drive every six months to have our oral health maintained without complaints. Although, I will admit it does get a little old driving back and forth if any cavities are found and need to be filled.
So going to the dentist involves getting everyone out of the house by eight in the morning to get on the way, taking over the entire office, and spending the morning hanging out in the craziness and chaos that is Dr. Bob’s office. Because it takes so long, Buddy gets to get out of school for the day and we all go out for lunch afterwards.
This was Bubba’s first dental exam and I was quite nervous about how it would go. When we stepped into the office he was afraid of Dr. Bob and kept hiding from him. After an hour he had become more comfortable and let Dr. Bob get down on the floor with him and play legos. We went to the chair and he sat on my lap while Dr. Bob checked and cleaned his teeth. He opened wide and cooperated the entire time while Dr. Bob sang “This is the way we brush our teeth”, “The Wheels on the Brush”, and “Five Little Teethies”.
And I am happy to report that none of us had a single cavity. We got an all clean from Dr. Bob!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job - I wish my little ones could say the same! They don't mind going to the dentist, but have had a few cavities lately - glad your visit went well. Take care.
Your dentist sounds awesome! Hang on to that one! I'd love to find one just like him in our area and I would drive a ways to get there, too.
Gotta find a dentist--hopefully one as cool as yours! I've avoided having cavities filled for over 5 years because my last dentist called me a baby and I walked out. I haven't even taken my 3 year old to the dentist yet! Bad Mommy! Thanks for the reminder!
Good deal for you. Sounds like he's a good Kid's Dentist. I have yet to take the girls to the dentist. Their first visit will be next week.
Post a Comment