All of you have been my connection to the outside world lately. I can't remember the last time I was out of the house, other than to get the mail, of course. If it weren't for reading and commenting on all of your blogs, I would have no connection with the outside, adult world at all!
The boys were all sick this past week, and thankfully were all feeling better in time for Thanksgiving. Yesterday my poor father got the bug, because he was here helping us with things around our house when the kids were losing their stomachs. Then yesterday I started feeling a little under the weather. Luckily, I am still functioning on an almost normal basis, but I am exhausted! My sweet husband is doing everything he can to help with the kids and let me relax.
Aside from the stomach bug that's been going around my house I've been busy, busy, busy. I hosted Thanksgiving for thirteen people and we all had a wonderful day. My awesome sister cleaned up the kitchen after dinner was finished, and I didn't have to help at all! She wouldn't let me! She is an angel, I tell you. All the adults spent the evening playing cards and had a really good time. We got our Christmas tree decorated last Sunday and our house is entirely decorated and ready for Christmas. I have wrapped all the gifts that I have bought and they are buried under the tree so the kids won't find and unwrap them. I also managed to find all 36 gifts for the boys for the Twelve Days of Christmas. They are all wrapped and waiting for December 13th under the boys Christmas tree.
I am not one to fight crowds, traffic and chaos, especially with three kids in tow, so I stayed home Friday and did a lot of Christmas shopping at home with my friends, coffee, laptop and American Express. I am about 90 percent finished with my Christmas shopping, and it seems to be so simple this year. There are some years that every gift for every person seems to be so difficult and hard to find, but this year all the gifts seem to be finding me. I love it. On top of Christmas gifts, my family also has five people with birthdays in December that I need to buy for. This adds a little to my shopping, but I've got a pretty good handle on that too. I am just sitting at home anxiously awaiting a visit from UPS and FEDEx so I can wrap more gifts!
Next Saturday my mom and I are getting together to spend the day making all of our Christmas cookies. And tomorrow I am working on my Christmas cards. In my near future I also have a Progressive Dinner Party to host and attend with several of my great neighbors, hopefully a cookie exchange to attend, and of course I am hosting Christmas Eve, as usual! It's going to be a fun busy month, come December, and I wouldn't want it any other way. This is my favorite time of year.
Thank goodness everyone is feeling better, I'll finally be venturing out of the house tomorrow to take Munch to preschool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad everyone is feeling better and I can't believe how on top of things you have been with everyone sick. You are doing good. Take care and see you soon. Kellan
GLad to hear that everyone is feeling better!!! I am very jealous that you are almost done with your shopping. I still need to make the list!
Glad every one is feeling better. I am off this coming weekend and intend on Decking The Halls and Baking my traditional Christmas Cookies. I have purchased only one gift so far and thats cuz I put it on Layaway.
You are a Christmas force to be reckoned with! Will be staying in over the next week or so too--have to sign for all those deliveries :) Your live-tree-invites-spiders theory gave me the last push I needed to buy an artificial tree--it's fabulous--Thanks! Hope the rest of the season brings good health for you and your family!
Post a Comment