Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Can't Put It Off Any Longer

I have avoided it as long as possible. Done everything I can think of to keep from doing it...shopped for gifts, wrapped gifts, prepared Christmas cards to be sent, decided which cookies to bake, grocery shopped, searched around the attic for hand me down clothes for Munch, given the boys haircuts...any little thing that has crossed my mind. There is only one thing left to do. And I..just..don't..want..to! I have to clean my house. I don't mean just touch up cleaning. Oh, no. I have to get down and dirty and make this house shine! It is finally starting to get to me and I can't take it any longer. But I don't want to have to be the one to clean it! Days like this, I wish I had a maid! Or, maybe not!

5 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

hee hee. With all those beautiful decorations everywhere, surely there isn't that much left to clean?

Rebekah said...

I am off work tomorrow and I have a list of things I would rather do than clean... but with the Thanksgiving Holiday, I didn't even get the bathrooms cleaned last week. So I must, although I protust, clean my house.

T with Honey said...

I too like to procrastinate on cleaning, unless it is someone else's house. It's kind of strange that I'm happy to clean up someone else's mess but my own... no thanks.

Maybe you can trade internet access for cleaning by Meg? ;)

SAHMmy Says said...

Good point. My last box of Christmas decorations sits in my living room unopened because I had had had to clean my shower! I even ended up re-caulking it--hooray for concurrent naps!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Ugh, ugh, UGH. I feel your pain, girl.