Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's 2008! A Brand New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday and brought in a wonderful new year with those closest to you. My family and I had a wonderful holiday, although it was quite hectic and chaotic at times. Christmas Eve was spent with fifteen of our closest friends and family. My mom and I made way too much food as usual--enough for about fifty. Christmas morning we awoke with three very excited children and generosity all around. Christmas breakfast was wonderful and filling. Our Christmas dinner for seventeen was phenomenal--especially the prime rib roast Mark finally perfected! It was a glorious day.

I always get very excited to get out all the Christmas decorations and I love the way the house looks in all its Christmas spirit, but I also love to take it all down, put it away and make my house sparkly clean once Christmas is over. This past week, this is how I spent my time. Three long and exhausting days of undecking the halls and scrubbing every surface until I thought my hands might fall off. Now the house is back to normal and life has resumed its normal, much calmer and relaxing pace.

New Year's eve was spent with Mark and my parents. We had a wonderful evening involving card playing, a little too much vodka and way too little sleep. But all in all it was a much needed relaxing evening.

December ended up being an unintentional sabbatical from blogging and I hope to get the New Year off to a much better start. Let's call it a New Year's resolution. Thank you to Carissa for giving me one of her kick in the pants to get my butt back into blogging gear! I would love to try to catch up with all of your lives and read everything from the last two or three weeks, but I think I might be reading all of 2008, given that my Google Reader contains 250 unread items. YIKES!! I am going to do something I have never done--mark them all as read and start over. Please forgive me.

6 comments:

Zaankali said...

Google Reader is a great tool but wow is it overwhelming when you neglect it for a while. I had 170+ when I got back on my computer yesterday after being off since before Christmas. Crazy! I marked some as read also who has time for that many posts?
Smiles!

Megan Cobb said...

:) I don't think I've written much worth reading during your break anyway, so mark away! I miss you. Come take down my decorations and clean my house next. Please?

T with Honey said...

I think we all just need to catch up on our sleep and the blog posts will be writing themselves (wishful thinking?).

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

glad to see that you are back to blogging. I missed you.

Tracei

Rebekah said...

Happy New Year to you

SAHMmy Says said...

Just let the old posts go and ring in the new (except mine of course!) Glad you're back and love the new look!