Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Perfect Busy Night Meal

I made a recipe for dinner last night that I would like to share with you. It is super-simple, healthy and was a big hit with my family. Bonus:

It's made in the crock pot.

Pepper Jack Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 each red, yellow or orange and green pepper, sliced
1 can Campbell's Southwest-style Pepper Jack soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
White rice

Combine all ingredients except rice into crock pot and cook 5-6 hours on low or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.

Each serving contains 360 calories, 7 grams fat and 34 grams protein.

On a side note: If you haven't tried Reynolds Crock pot liners, give them a shot. They are bags that are placed in the crock pot before the ingredients and fit all crock pot sizes. When the meal is done all you have to do is empty the crock pot and throw the liner away. Clean up is a snap.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

That sounds wonderful and I'm so into my crockpot lately - I'll try it! ANd so few calaroies - WOW. Thanks for the great recipe. See you soon. Kellan

Beck said...

This sounds VERY good!
(That wasn't The Baby's reflection you see in the window - that is a lovely drawing one of the kids made with pastels. On the window. Guess how well THAT is washing off!)