Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've Jumped on the Bandwagon

Last week I scheduled an appointment to get my hair colored, so my roots wouldn't scare off everyone in Aruba. After reading dcrmom's, Megan's and Sarah's recent hair posts I decided at the last minute to get my haircut. It just happened that the woman who normally cuts my hair had an opening right after my color appointment. I decided to take it, even though I had no idea what I wanted to do with my hair. Living on the edge--that's me--NOT!

So this is what it looks like.

Photobucket

It's hard to tell from the picture, but I have about ten different shades in my hair now. I think I'm happy with the color, but I snicker at myself when I walk past a mirror, because I can't help but think "Rainbow Head." It is darker than I had wanted and it's going to take some getting use to. I had said, "I want more red-brown in my hair." I meant more than she put in last time, and she must have thought more red-brown than blond. My stylist cut several shorter layers into my hair to lighten it up. I have very thick hair--and a lot of it. So this is what I've got. It's definitely a change from what I had before.

Photobucket

Please ignore the double chin--UGH! And the crummy quality is the fault of my old camera--Crummy. It wasn't specifically a hair picture--I had to search for a picture that would do to give you an idea of what it looked like before. A lot lighter and more one length.

The upside of one length is a ponytail, the downside is flat hair. I decided to give up the ponytail.

Thank you ladies for your cutting inspiration!

What do you think--and please be honest?!

12 comments:

Kellan said...

I love it!!!!! The cut is adorable (and are you the cutest thing ever!) and I love all the highlights - it looks really, really cute and you are ready to go to ARUBA! Take care sweetie - see you soon. Kellan

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

It looks great! You're beautiful! I love the cut. Since I haven't been to a stylist since, whenever, I wonder if I could get my husband to copy it!

Sincerely Anna said...

Honest? I don't like it. I LOVE IT! Ha ha, did I get ya? I do, I really do. I love the color and the cut. You're beautiful!

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

I like the red in it! You look awesome!!

Beck said...

I think it is EXACTLY how I want my own hair to look! I'm copying that picture to bring to my hairdresser this weekend.

Megan Cobb said...

Well, you know I love it AND I think you should give the color time - it will lighten a bit with washing and ALL THAT GLORIOUS SUN in Aruba. The red/brown gives it depth and contrast to your skin and eyes and makes your features pop, along with the way the layers frame your face.

It amazes me that you didn't immediately love it, but don't we all look at ourselves with a much more (unfairly) critical eye than we look at others?

Enjoy - it's perfect on you.

Rebekah said...

I love it!! It frames your face perfectly. I like the color too. Have fun in the sun

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else. I love it. It's a great cut and the color is perfect on you.

Geez, all you people are going out and getting all gorgeous on me. Sigh.

I need to schedule an appointment and get something done with this mop.

SAHMmy Says said...

Very cute and plenty blonde! I've completely grown out my highlights to see what color God has blessed me with at 32...apparently He thinks I look best in mouse brown :) Seeing your fresh color is making me crave a little bleach!

Kellan said...

Hey Nicki - thanks for coming by today. I hope you have a great weekend. Kellan

Anonymous said...

It looks pretty. I like the multicolored highlights over the old fashioned one color highlights. They look much more natural and realistic.

Overall - a 10!

Wani said...

The new color(s) look really cute! Kudos to your stylist!