Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Husband...The Rabbit Hunter

This morning Mark and I discovered we were sharing our suburban dwelling with a rabbit. Evidently with the heater in our garage, we were providing a warm, safe haven for the wild. We found droppings and puddles EVERYWHERE in the garage. He asked me what it was and without a doubt I confirmed what he already feared---we have a rabbit!! He searched the garage and found him behind the boys power wheels. I put all the kids in the car to take Buddy to the bus while he got busy trying to send our new pet back into the wild. First he started with a snow shovel, then he switched to the broom, then...he broke out the big guns!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This managed to send the bunny into hiding and when I returned from the bus, the rabbit was no where to be found. We searched all over and came to the conclusion that the only place he could be is under the stairs. Despite all Mark's attempts to coax him out that rabbit was there to stay. Mark had no choice but to start ripping the stairs apart.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And sure enough! There he is!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He still took some coaxing toward the door...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stubborn little rascal!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally!! The bunny has been evacuated!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What a way to start a day! Hopefully we won't be having any other pets anytime soon! My word of advice...Keep those garage doors closed!

Just a side note...the bunny was in no way harmed in the evacuation process.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard the blower going yesterday. For a moment I thought it was summer again.

Mom said she has seen that little bugger hanging out by your house for a bit now. Don't be suprised if he comes back for another warm visit. :)

Tracei

T with Honey said...

I never would have thought to use a snow blower to get a bunny out of the garage. :)

You can try sprinkling a line of cayenne pepper along the garage doorway to keep the little guy out if he tries coming back.

Kellan said...

Boy you got all those pictures - I loved when he got out the "big guns" - that was too funny. Sweet little bunny but we don't need them livin' in our garages, do we? Take care. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Now he's in our garage!!
Thanks Neighbor! :)
~K

SAHMmy Says said...

Ha! Of all the wild creatures that could have gotten in at least it was a cute one :)

Rebekah said...

He was hiding out til Easter

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

I'd rather have a bunny than a opossom! We have a hppy little family of them living under our deck, in a windowwell that is visable from our basement family room. But I guess unwanted poop is unwanted poop, huh? :)