These are a few of my favorite things. I love everything about Christmas, but these are my very favorite things.
I love putting up my Christmas tree and trimming it with all the decorations. Getting together with my parents, eating appetizers until our bellies are ready to burst and getting the season of to a cheery start.
I love baking cookies with my mom and then eating so much sugar that I fear I may be flirting with diabetes.
I love to receive Christmas cards in the mail. Someone could write "Merry Christmas" on a scrap of paper and send it to me and I would be happy. It's the simple fact that someone thought of me and took the time to send it out--not to mention it is a nice suprise amid all the bills and junk mail.
I love to read Christmas stories to the boys every night before they drift off to sleep to dream about Santa and presents.
I love to drive through our neighborhood with Mark and the boys to look at all the Christmas lights and decorations. The kids get so excited seeing all the colors at night.
I love to get together with my neighbors to participate in things like cookie exchanges and Christmas progressive dinners.
I love to get together with close friends and family on Christmas Eve to begin celebrating Christmas a little early with cocktails, appetizers and loving friendships.
I love to watch three sleepy-eyed boys come down the stairs on Christmas morning in anticipation to see what Santa has brought.
I love to see them open their presents. Their excitement and joy is always memorable and it warms me to the bottom of my heart.
I love to spend Christmas day with my entire family. Our home becomes filled with such joy and happiness when all of our family is together enjoying the holiday and all that it brings.
Christmas is my favorite time of year, in fact, for me all of December is a celebration. I am very fortunate and thankful to have all these things in my life to enjoy and remember.
What are your favorite things about Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You nailed a lot of mine. I also love the music, the cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas Eve, and the many deeply reflective moments I have to contemplate the arrival of Christ in the world. He is the greatest gift of all, to me. ;)
You have listed all my favorite things as well - we are both very lucky and I am also thankful to have all these wonderful things! Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan
Great list! I love taking my son to see Santa at the mall and watching his shining ear to ear smile of excitement and joy as he sits on Santa's lap and talks to him.
Post a Comment