Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WFMW: What-Do-I-Fix?

 
Posted by Picasa


With three kids and a husband that works long hours and most nights, I am a pretty busy woman. Most days get away from me and then I realize it is 4:30 and I haven't given a single thought to what I will feed the children for dinner. Although I love to cook and make elaborate meals, it doesn't happen very often since my time is rationed and the boys eat like birds most of the time.

I try to keep certain foods on hand so that I always have something to make for dinner that the boys are likely to eat. One of those meals is breaded baked chicken with a frozen vegetable and pasta side dish.

I simply remove individually frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts from the freezer, dip them in egg then in a mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Then, I place them on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until cooked through. I warm a frozen vegetable in the microwave while I cook up a box of Pasta-Roni (which my kids inhale) on the stove. If I do not have Pasta-Roni on hand, I sometimes boil some pasta noodles then toss them with butter and Parmesan cheese.

It is a kid-friendly meal and really easy to make. It works for me! Check out other great meal solutions atShannon's, special edition, Works For Me Wednesday!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I have a recipe similar to this. I dip pork chops in flour, egg then bread crumb/parmesan mixture. Pan fry in a little bit of greese.
My family loves them. I will have to give the chicken a try

Kellan said...

I have a few recipes I always have the ingredients on hand for also - they mostly include chicken too. Yours sounds yummy! Take care. Kellan

SAHMmy Says said...

Sounds good--you say you dip and bread the chicken straight from the freezer? Would save my life on days I forget to pull something out to defrost--I always end up half-cooking the chicken in the microwave by accident while attempting to quick-defrost.